5 Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
Many people use massage therapy to rest their bodies and muscles. And why not? Nothing feels better than having your tension kneaded out by a professional with skilled hands. But there are also a number of health and wellness benefits, beyond the blissful sensation of melting into a massage table. Consider the perks a good therapeutic massage the next time you’re lying face-down in the hands of a master.
- A massage is relaxing—obviously. Massage therapists are specifically skilled at observing your body for troubled areas and relieving them in order to make you feel absolutely fantastic.
- It relieves muscle tension and stiffness by stimulating the release of endorphins into your system. Endorphins reduce pain and welcome a sense of euphoria into your system and they can last up to 48 hours after your massage is over!
- A timely massage improves healing time for strained or injured muscles and ligaments.
- Regular massages improve your body’s flexibility and range of motion. This makes sure your joints stay as fluid as possible, and it also decreases your chances of suffering future injuries while doing everyday tasks.
- Massages relieve mental stress and reduce anxiety. Who doesn’t need that these days?! Therapeutic massages have been known to improve not only your physical health but your mental health as well!
Of course, a good therapeutic massage does much more for your body, but we don’t want you to sit around reading about it all day—we want you to experience it for yourself! Until the end of the year, we’re offering a 10% discount on all Massage Therapy gift certificates! Call our office at (780) 466-7111 or drop by to grab one for yourself or that special someone on your holiday shopping list.